Install DVD

Did you know:

You can download or copy all 5 CDs and burn them to a single DVD and the install will work fine?

No more CDs for me, thank you.

Dave

Reply to
dgeesaman

I've been doing that for years. You can also use you USB stick or your Hard Drive.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Gress

I've been doing that for years. You can also use you USB stick or your Hard Drive.

Paul

If you were doing this for multiple users, the extra steps would make sense. But so would installing from a network drive and just skip carrying around disks or worse yet, the easily forgotten flash drive. Can you imagine how many of those are lost every year? When floppy drives were ubiquitous, I'd go to the lost and found of the local college and tell them I'd left a disk in the computer lab. They'd go and haul out a suitcase full of disks. I'm sure the same is happening with flash drives. Personally, I'd prefer something so big and obvious I couldn't leave without it, like chained to my ankle. People put them on key chains for a while, reasoning that if they couldn't leave the site, they couldn't leave the flash drive. They just started losing cars on top of software.

No, sorry guys, don't make it too easy for me. I'll just wind up shooting myself in the foot.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes