Newbie question - ProE WF

Hi all,
How do I change default part template (or any other template) in Wildfire?
TIA

--
Sale

saleng_42<>at<>hotmail<>com

Wildfire?
Do you want to modify the defaults or use an alternate default? The template files are somewhere in the install directory tree. You can also set a config option to point to a different location (start_model_dir).
Copy the system supplied ones to another directory and use the config.pro file to find them. Modify the copied files.
--
Ben

"Jeff Howard" < snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Jeff Howard wrote:

I'd like to use "mmns_part_solid" as a default part template I found templates at C:\Program Files\proeWildfire\templates. BTW, I found two instances of config.pro on My Computer, and they both have the same contents:
***
DISPLAY SHADE DATUM_DISPLAY NO AXIS_DISPLAY NO DATUM_POINT_DISPLAY NO DATUM_POINT_TAG_DISPLAY NO SPIN_CENTER_DISPLAY NO DISPLAY_COORDINATE_SYS NO TOL_DISPLAY NO
***
--
Sale

saleng_42<>at<>hotmail<>com
Copy the startpart file to another directory and then use these lines in your config.pro.
start_model_dir <some_drive_location>\start_files_dir
template_designasm startassy_mm.asm
template_solidpart startpart_mm.prt
The top one is for assemblies and the second one is for models. There is also one for sheetmetal parts and others. Open the config.pro file in Pro and search on template.
Yes, you will find multiple config.pro files in your installation. We put our master system one in <Pro_loadpoint>Wildfire/text and a second one in the Start In directory. The system reads the one from the text directory first and then the one in the Start In directory. This way the users can add there own mapkeys to the second one without messing it up for everyone.
--
Ben

"Sale" < snipped-for-privacy@my.inbox.net> wrote in message
Ben Loosli wrote:

Thanks Ben This worked great, I didn't even have to copy the startpart to another location. I just pointed to C:\Program Files\proeWildfire\templates\mmns_part_solid.prt
--
Sale

saleng_42<>at<>hotmail<>com
: Jeff Howard wrote: : >>How do I change default part template (or any other template) in : > : > Wildfire? : > : > Do you want to modify the defaults or use an alternate default? The : > template files are somewhere in the install directory tree. You can also : > set a config option to point to a different location (start_model_dir). : > : I'd like to use "mmns_part_solid" as a default part template : I found templates at C:\Program Files\proeWildfire\templates. : BTW, I found two instances of config.pro on My Computer, and they both : have the same contents: : : *** : : DISPLAY SHADE : DATUM_DISPLAY NO : AXIS_DISPLAY NO : DATUM_POINT_DISPLAY NO : DATUM_POINT_TAG_DISPLAY NO : SPIN_CENTER_DISPLAY NO : DISPLAY_COORDINATE_SYS NO : TOL_DISPLAY NO : Sale, configuration questions, including how to create and modify config.pro, setting up or modifying model and drawing templates, setting screen colors, changing icon/toolbar display have been covered extensively in this group. So there is a wealth of information on this in the archives that you can search with Google Groups. A search on just the word template turned up 20 articles in the last year. Some have been pretty thorough and detailed discussions. And, in the last year, much of has been on Wildfire. I hope you make use of it. I've thought that it would be a good idea to distill this into an FAQ to answer questions that keep coming up then post it here regularly. I hesitate because of the feeling, the suspicion that it would be ignored and the same questions would be asked, anyway. Opinions on the need/usefulness of an FAQ for this NG?
David Janes
David Janes wrote:

Hi David Obviously, I should have thought of Google myself, so maybe an apology to the Group is in order....However, I guess the reason why I didn't look at Google archives first is that my original post was an one-liner, and I expected the answer to be of roughly the same volume. It turned out to be a bit more complicated than that, didn't it :(
Re- your FAQ thoughts (if it's my opinion that you asked for) I generally think that the regularly posted FAQ message or even better a FAQ website is a great idea for any newsgroup, particularly the one concerning a complex software like Pro\E.
--
Sale

saleng_42<>at<>hotmail<>com
Sale wrote: