pro - wildfire, part disappear when rotating.

Hi

Is it anyone who has problems with the new rotate function? You can rotate the part around the point og where your mouse is pointing at the part. But some times the mouse cant grab a point to ratate about, and the part flies far out of the screen. And you has to refit the part. It looks like it grabs a point far behind the part. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? (whitout turning the spin center on....)

Petter

Reply to
PJ

I used to have this problem a lot... I'm not sure what happened but it seems to happen less now. Maybe I got better at picking the point to rotate around. I did realize that if you don't let go after flys away you can bring it back by watching that weird axis/distance cursor thing, and bringing the line back down to nothing.

I also found that it was jumping to pivoting around the annotations after I had a detail with a longish note floating around. Turning those off helped. I see that control and the middle mouse button is "turn" so you might try that instead of just the middle mouse button.

refit on a mapkey strikes me as something I might do next time I'm plagued with this.

-meld

PJ wrote:

Reply to
meld_b

This problem has to do with whether or not the 'Spin Center' is turned on. You'll notice in Wildfire and Wildfire 2, the 'Spin Center' icon is visible on the toolbar by default. If the 'Spin Center' isn't turned on, you'll experience the problem that you've described. The model will rotate about a cursor location point from a previous point in time instead of about the 'Spin Center'. Try to turn on the 'Spin Center' and then test out model rotation and see if this doesn't make more sense to you.

J. Perry

Reply to
J. Perry

The solution is to turn on Geometry in the selection filter, prehighlight a vertex or edge (or any other suitable geometry) and depress the middle mouse button to spin the part. The preselected geometry should now be the new 'spin center'. Click dragging with the mouse pointer 'out in space' (i.e., you don't know where) is a bit of a gamble. Prehighlighted geometry is not. I believe this also works with assemblies. Then you are safe to dump the stupid spin center.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

I saw a TAN about this a few weeks ago, though I can't locate it right now. It is a reported bug, but I don't know in what datecode it will be resolved. If I see it in the Knowledge Base Monitor again, I will let you know.

Regards

Reply to
Pete

One thing that can solve that is to make sure you have established the center of rotation first, or if you display the "spin center" in environment, it will become the center of rotation and it shouldn't do that anymore.

Reply to
Dan Richards