Trail File -- help

Hi,

I'm in ProE i-2, and I can't get it to open a trail file. I have gone thru Utilities/Trail/Training file, and directed it to the Trail file directory, but nothing shows up. Do I have to rename the file in a special way to get this to work?

Thanks, Larry

Reply to
Larry

: "Larry" wrote : Hi, : : I'm in ProE i-2, and I can't get it to open a trail file. I have gone : thru Utilities/Trail/Training file, and directed it to the Trail file : directory, but nothing shows up. Do I have to rename the file in a : special way to get this to work? : Yes, there may be some issue with the name. For example, though PTC extensively uses dot integer extensions, trail files need this removed to run or even be shown in a directory. Also, you may have to rename the file, though I'm not sure of this. That may be just so that it doesn't get overwritten by subsequent trail files.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Correct. you must rename the trailfile.. it wont run as trail.txt. I usually rename mine to itcrashedagain.txt :-)

Reply to
Stu

Thanks!.... That worked!!!!

Larry