EMS FILE

HI ALL. I HAVE A OLD EMS FILE TRY TO CONVERT TO PROE, DO NOT HAVE EMS. ANY WAY TO CONVERT THE FILE ?????????????? THANKS.

HI ALL. I HAVE A OLD EMS FILE TRY TO CONVERT TO PROE, DO NOT HAVE EMS. ANY WAY TO CONVERT THE FILE ?????????????? THANKS.
What did you try? 'Insert>Data>From File'. Won't it recongize this file type? What is it used for? Is it for ECAD? - David Janes

yes, I try to import by insert data, proe did not recongniz it, EMS is old MCAD,
David Janes wrote:

Can you tell by looking at the file if it resembles current EMP file content? If so, it might do to change the extension. I'm really reaching here because I don't know the ECAD stuff that well. I just know that, if the data's there, you might have to mess with it to make it useable.
--
David Janes

< snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
EMS is the old Intergraph MCAD package.
If you really MUST open the file, try contacting UGS and see if their data translation service can convert your file to STEP or IGES.
--
Ben & Mickie Loosli
"David Janes" < snipped-for-privacy@cox.net.remyuntis> wrote in message
I thought we might be able to shake some hard info Loosli, Ben. I thank you, Henry thanks you, we all thank you. And, hopefully Unigraphics responds.
--
David Janes

"Ben Loosli" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote
Thanks all, I don't think unigraphics care must about it, I have to redrawn it in proe, it not too bad. any way, one again thanks all for your help. Henry
David Janes wrote:

My previous company had oodles of old EMS files. And you're right - UGS doesn't care to support it hardly at all except that SolidEdge can open the files and I think Unigraphics can also. If this is a common occurrence, I suggest a viewer/converter program like Rasterex or Spicer Imagenation.
If you need more detailed info, I can give you the contact info for a gentleman who wrote knows the ins/outs of viewing .EMS files.
Dave