EMS FILE

HI ALL. I HAVE A OLD EMS FILE TRY TO CONVERT TO PROE, DO NOT HAVE EMS. ANY WAY TO CONVERT THE FILE ?????????????? THANKS.

Reply to
henry1951

HI ALL. I HAVE A OLD EMS FILE TRY TO CONVERT TO PROE, DO NOT HAVE EMS. ANY WAY TO CONVERT THE FILE ?????????????? THANKS.

Reply to
henry1951

What did you try? 'Insert>Data>From File'. Won't it recongize this file type? What is it used for? Is it for ECAD?

- David Janes

wrote

Reply to
David Janes

Reply to
henry1951

Can you tell by looking at the file if it resembles current EMP file content? If so, it might do to change the extension. I'm really reaching here because I don't know the ECAD stuff that well. I just know that, if the data's there, you might have to mess with it to make it useable.

Reply to
David Janes

EMS is the old Intergraph MCAD package.

If you really MUST open the file, try contacting UGS and see if their data translation service can convert your file to STEP or IGES.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

I thought we might be able to shake some hard info Loosli, Ben. I thank you, Henry thanks you, we all thank you. And, hopefully Unigraphics responds.

Reply to
David Janes

Reply to
henry1951

My previous company had oodles of old EMS files. And you're right - UGS doesn't care to support it hardly at all except that SolidEdge can open the files and I think Unigraphics can also. If this is a common occurrence, I suggest a viewer/converter program like Rasterex or Spicer Imagenation.

If you need more detailed info, I can give you the contact info for a gentleman who wrote knows the ins/outs of viewing .EMS files.

Dave

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
dgeesaman