protk.dat

Hi all,

I have specified parameters for external application for Proe in protk.dat file. If I register this application through Tools>Auxiliary application>Register>Start it works perfect. But I want to start it automatically when Proe starts.

I tried several ways what I found in the help:

Pro/ENGINEER searches for the registry file in the following locations, in this order:

  1. A file called protk.dat or prodev.dat in the current directory
  2. A file named in a "PROTKDAT", "PRODEVDAT", or "TOOLKIT_REGISTRY_FILE" statement in the Pro/ENGINEER configuration file
  3. A file called protk.dat or prodev.dat in the directory //text/
  4. A file called protk.dat or prodev.dat in the directory /text

but without success. Do you have some ideas where I did mistake?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Kulka

You need the config.pro option protkdat set to where your protk.dat file is located. ie. protkdat c:\pro_tkapps\samples\protk.dat

then the config.pro file is located as in your above info.

Reply to
Stu

I already did it without success. Any other ideas?

Reply to
Peter Kulka

In you protk.dat file, you should have something similiar as below. Without the startup option defined, Pro wont start it automatically even if you define where the .dat file is located in the config.pro option

name InchCustomTools startup dll allow_stop TRUE exec_file c:\pro_tkapps\inch\tools.dll text_dir c:\pro_tkapps\inch revision end

Reply to
Stu

My protk.dat file:

NAME WB100PluginPro2001 STARTUP DLL EXEC_FILE C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v100\AISOL\CAD Integration\ProE\intel\Pro2001PlugInU.dll TEXT_DIR C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v100\AISOL\CAD Integration\ProE\intel\Text delay_start FALSE allow_stop TRUE REVISION Wildfire END

It works fine, but it didn't start automaticaly. I have to start it manualy every time if I want to use this application.

Reply to
Peter Kulka

Out of Pro/E stupidity, change your exec and text paths to somewhere without spaces in their names... Its been a problem for different situations in Pro since I started on Rev 15........

Reply to
Stu

If all else fails, you could create a map key to start it.

Reply to
Ants

My new Protk.dat:

NAME WB100PluginPro2001 STARTUP dll EXEC_FILE C:\Pro_settings\intel\Pro2001PlugInU.dll TEXT_DIR C:\Pro_settings\intel\Text delay_start FALSE allow_stop TRUE REVISION Wildfire END

and the same results. Maybe I need some licence to start it automatically. Thanks for your willingness.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Kulka

Hmmm....... you shouldn't.

try this- put that protkdat file in your c:\pro_settings directory and nowhere else. Now in your config.pro file located in the start-up directory put the line protkdat c:\pro_settings\protk.dat Also in the protk.dat file remove the delay_start line and see what happens.

After that Im stumped........... this setup works fine here

Reply to
Stu

Looks like your trying to start Ansys (put Ansys menu in ProE)... maybe this will help. Here's my setup that works fine....

in one of your config.pro files add this line... protkdat C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v90\AISOL\CAD Integration\ProE\intel\text\Pro2001PlugIn.dat (or where ever Ansys is installed)

the Pro2001PlugIn.dat file... NAME WB90PluginPro2001 EXEC_FILE C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v90\AISOL\CAD Integration\ProE\intel\Pro2001PlugInU.dll TEXT_DIR d:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v90\AISOL\CAD Integration\ProE\intel\Text STARTUP dll delay_start FALSE allow_stop TRUE REVISION 2001 END

hope it helps

-mark

Reply to
mdR