Re: ProE.net

Today an independent Web 2.0 style social network dedicated to ProE users was created at

Among many things a member can: 1) Use the forums to ask and offer help and keep up to speed with all things Pro/E. 2) Post on the ProE.net network blog. If you always wanted to blog but never got down to doing it, maybe now's the time. 3) Create or join groups of members. 4) Chat with other online members. 5) Share photos and videos. 6) Post events such as user meetings, tradeshows, etc. 7) Invite other Pro/E users and help build the social network.

Membership to ProE.net is free for life. And thanks to it's independence ProE.net members are free to share their experiences and speak their mind in an open environment.

Deelip Menezes Deelip's company is SYCODE. About this company, Deelip says the following, on his blog: SYCODET develops cutting-edge software solutions for the Computer Aided Design (CAD) industry. Our solutions are in the form of standalone applications or plug-ins that work inside major CAD systems such as Autodesk® AutoCAD®, Autodesk Inventor®, Autodesk 3D Studio MAX®, Autodesk VIZ®, Autodesk Maya®, SolidWorks®, Solid Edge®, SpaceClaim®, Alibre Design®, Rhinoceros®, IntelliCAD®, etc.

Pro/e is evidently in the etc. category. However, in his introductory promotion of this site (aka, social network), he says the following: Welcome to ProE.net. I am Deelip Menezes, Founder and CEO of SYCODE and creator of ProE.net. I have created ProE.net as a Web 2.0 kind of a social network where Pro/E users all over the world are able to interact with each other, discuss issues surrounding Pro/E and help each other out. By it sheer design, ProE.net is far more proactive than any other Pro/E related online resource out there. And thanks to it's independence ProE.net members are free to share their experiences and speak their mind in an open environment.

ProE.net offers its members a Web 2.0 experience like no other Pro/E related online resource. Among many things a member can: 1) Use the forums to ask and offer help and keep up to speed with all things Pro/E. 2) Post on the ProE.net network blog. If you always wanted to blog but never got down to doing it, maybe now's the time. 3) Create or join groups of members. 4) Chat with other online members. 5) Share photos and videos. 6) Post events such as user meetings, tradeshows, etc. 7) Invite other Pro/E users and help build the social network.

Membership to ProE.net is free for life.

I am badly in need of suggestions on how to make this social network valuable to Pro/E users. If something crosses your mind, please drop me a line at deelip (at) sycode (dot) com.

So, my idea, Deelip, is that I would not start such a grand venture if I had no idea of how useful it might be or of how valuable/valued/needed/wanted (i.e. elementary consumer research) to the user. Shame on you for starting something in YOUR interest and coming here, to a viable, free, user-friendly environment and asking us what your self-serving enterprise might do for us!!! I have an idea of what you might do for us ..... FUCK OFF (or make even a piddling contribution which you haven't so far, parasite).

Best and most professional regards, Yours, truly, David Janes, PE

ps, BTW, your name sounds like a very interesting combination of Indian and Portuguese. In the city of Goa, India, I shouldn't wonder. But, of course, I do. What's this town, Goa, like anyway!?! Pirates? A history like Genoa, Italy? Lisbon, Portugal? Worth a visit? More people have heard of Chalakudi, Kerala State.... why go(ah?)

DJ

Reply to
Janes

DJ: So, my idea, Deelip, is that I would not start such a grand venture if I had no idea of how useful it might be or of how valuable/ valued/needed/wanted (i.e. elementary consumer research) to the user.

Deelip: I already know how useful ProE.net is. All I am asking for is suggestions to make it more useful. It may interest you to know that a Pro/ENGINEER Product Manager from PTC joined ProE.net yesterday. I don't think I need to say any more.

DJ: BTW, your name sounds like a very interesting combination of Indian and Portuguese.

Deelip: The Portuguese ruled Goa (a small state 600 km south of Mumbai) for a few hundred years. Half the population (which includes me) here is Roman Catholic. Hence the name.

Deelip Menezes

Deelip Menezes

Hmm,... sorry,... I have too concur.. I mean... what/where/when.... oh,.. never mind... I already got annoyed today. Or,.. maybe.. in the spirit of Thanksgiving... we can come together Deelip.... as long as you bring some Chicken tikka masala!

... 8^)

Reply to
zxys

oh,... and lot's of naan please!

.. 8^)

Reply to
zxys

Looks like chicken tikka masala is quite a hit on your side of the planet. Believe me, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Deelip Menezes

Deelip Menezes

If there is anything more to say; you should say it. What contributions did said dignitary bring to the table?

How will ProE.net differ from all the other coffee clutch gossip groups populated by skoolkids, cranks, shills and self styled eggspurts?

Is PTC really for sale? Who cares? Let's all look at the new buttons in WF5! Someday, maybe. I can read all about PTC World at ptcuser.org. I don't.

Seriously; if you put up something unique and worthwhile post a link here. I'll appreciate it even if David doesn't. Otherwise ProE.net goes near the bottom of my list, a little higher than jon's blog, and I'll visit it about as often. Yeah. Right. hehe.

Reply to
pinque_panderer

Dignitary role model:

No rants. No smoke and mirrors. No vague mumbling about "all 3D modelers". Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts.

Reply to
pinque_panderer

Dignitary role model:

No rants. No smoke and mirrors. No vague mumbling about "all 3D modelers". Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts. And "membership" in a kafee klatch so I'm automatically out. dyoo notice there's none here~no "joining", no "registration", no phony "membership". and mostly no one's selling anything. as opposed to

(or EE, for that matter) where it's all for sale. everything. everyone. torture me, beat me, play MJ, the king of poop's shit to me all day and night, I wouldn't "join". 'kafee' is too polite for this self-promoting, self-aggrandizing, masterbatory hype. devoted mostly to the king of CADd, AUTODdESK. (Or maybe this makes sense as a manager's "social network"!?! mistaken for dd, who'd care).

BOL with dd, David Janes, Master of DDD

Reply to
Janes

You have absolutely no idea how happy I am to know that you will not be joining ProE.net.

Deelip Menezes

Deelip Menezes