thru clearance holes

rel 2001. Hole feature (not cut). I'm placing a countersunk clearance hole in one leg of a U shaped sheet metal part, but the hole goes right through the part instead of just thru one leg. How can I make it only go thru one leg? There doesn't seem to be an option in the hole dialogue box for 'thru next' or 'Up to Surface' or 'blind'.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
dakeb

Isn't there a radio button on the depth, letting you chose between 'thru all' and 'variable'. In WF, I get 'Variable', not 'thru' anything. I have picked a surface on which to place the hole and two surface/edge references for position. So, I pick 'variable', meaning 'blind'. With questions like this, I wish I hadn't completely dumped the previous version. I know I've done this before, this isn't that difficult! is it!?! Some Pro/GOOFY trick? (woudn't surprise me a bit)

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

There is a radio button, but with only one option, thru all. Variable is greyed out. I've had a number of responses from the prouser community, all of which say it cannot be done. I have to either make revolved cuts for each countersunk hole, or else make straight hole cuts and place a chamfer on them.

Reply to
dakeb

One of the things I worry about, especially with sheet metal because of the already high aspect ratio (large area to small thickness) is the accuracy setting. Couldn't this also make a small hole act funny?

DJ

Reply to
David Janes

Can you not create sketched holes, and then drive multiple instances with a pattern table?

Reply to
John Wade

You could, but I'd rather create a udf of the sketched hole, as there are very few patternable holes in my models. Simplest way by far is to create cuts, and then apply chamfers. Means I can't use a 'shown' diameter dimension though for the countersink!

Reply to
dakeb