Holes in Wildfire

Recently we switched from 2001 to Wildfire and I miss the "repeat"-button in hole manager. In 2001 you had the opportunity to say "repeat" in hole menue to create another hole with the same dimensions. I guess there must be a way in WF too - but I can´t find it.

TIA,

Rainer Harter Fraunhofer-Germany

Reply to
harter

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

The repeat command is gone for Wildfire and is not coming back. The reason is it takes the same amount of clicks to click on the hole icon again vs clicking on the repeat icon so PTC took it out.

Brian

Reply to
Solids

: > TIA, : >

: > Rainer Harter : > Fraunhofer-Germany : : The repeat command is gone for Wildfire and is not coming back. The : reason is it takes the same amount of clicks to click on the hole icon again vs : clicking on the repeat icon so PTC took it out. : Oh, yeah, I see. Either click the Repeat button to finish one hole and go on to the next, click on the surface to pick a location and edit two location values, (that's all since the entire hole defintion and parameter 'repeat' in this copied version);

Or, click the green check to finish the hole feature, wait for the dashboard to clear, feature to regerate and screen to reset, then hit the hole icon again, getting you back to the beginning of hole creation with NOTHING copied from the previous hole creation. So, pick the position and adjust some values as with repeat, plus pick hole type (straight/standard), set diameter if straight or a bunch of shape parameters for standard, depth type and values, counterbore, chamfer or none, thru or blind depth of thread and monkey around with the hole chamfer value because Pro/e never gets close to the right size.

Yeah, this is almost, nearly exactly the same.Way to go, PTC!

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

I agree with your position in Wildfire 1 but in WIldfire 2 you just create the hole, copy it (ctrl-c) and then paste a new one where you want it (ctrl-v).

Also, if the built in values for things like counterbore depth and/or chamfer size are not to your liking it is very easy to create your own set of hole charts that will show up in the list of available hole types. Hole dimensions are driven by a series of text files.

Thane

dimensions.

counterbore,

Reply to
TH

: Also, if the built in values for things like counterbore depth and/or : chamfer size are not to your liking it is very easy to create your own set : of hole charts that will show up in the list of available hole types. Hole : dimensions are driven by a series of text files. : More good stuff! Keep it comin'! And, thanks Thane, for the heads up.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes