Mirror part in Wildfire 2

1- I need to make a mirror of a part that will be dependant of its original. I know how to make the mirror part within an assembly but I am not able to find the option to tell it to stay dependant.

2- I want to be able to update the drawing of the mirror part. Right know each time I create an updated version of the mirror part (because I don't know how to make it dependant...) I loose all the dimensions in the drawing.

I have search the previous posting on this group and found only old ones, which must have been for ProE 2001 or earliest.

I use Wildfire 2.

Please help.

Reply to
oceatec

Create Component, Mirror?

Type "Reference" is dependant and the default (?) type.

Are you regenerating the mirrored part after changing the parent?

Reply to
Jeff Howard

It's working, thanks a lot.

Wouldn't you know how I can ask Wildfire to use a different model (with minor changes) in a drawing without loosing all its dimensions? Since I was using a Mirror part made with the "Copy" option, every time I made a change to the original part I needed to create a new mirror part, and each time in the drawing I was loosing all the dimensions. Now that I have created a linked mirror part do you think I could update the drawing for the last time without loosing all the dimensions once again.

Thanks,

Reply to
oceatec

Should be good to go as long as you (?) don't delete dimension referenced entities.

Reply to
Jeff Howard