To connect two gears

I am using pro-E 2001, and to join two gears in motion I set two gears as
pins and then connected them as a cam-follower connection (I remember I
read something like that before), but unfortunately I have failed. I wonder
if is for the deffinition of the surfaces (who should I determine that), any
help will be very appreciatted.
many thanks in advanced
--
Ulises