wildfire 2 3d model drawing

hi all, when installing wildfire 2, the promo installing screen showed a phong rendered 3dmodel with drawing entities drawn in 3d, the header of the image said "3d model drawings" or similar.

What was that ? I have never heard of phong rendered modelviews in a drawing, but lord knows I want it !

wzzl

Reply to
stinky wizzleteet

I found the image on the first cd : DSRC\TEXT\ADS\USASCII\WHATSNEW_3DDRAWINGS.GIF

wzzl

Reply to
stinky wizzleteet

: > What was that ? I have never heard of phong rendered modelviews in a : > drawing, but lord knows I want it ! : >

This link is to the PTC website where they explain the new '3D drawing' capabilities:

Basically, it boils down to how to use the new ANSI Y14.41-2003 drawing standard to capture design data by minimally dimensioning the model and for the remainder, showing and referencing the model data directly. They claim to be the first modelling system to do this.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes