8255 on PCI bus

I do not have much experience on PCI bus. I designed and used 8255 on many different ISA boards. Can anyone suggest how can I connect an (or couple of ) 8255 to a PCI bus in
simplest possible way?
<Pier Joursey> wrote in message

You might be able to use a PCI bridge chip like the ones from PLX to interface the 8255. You could also emulate the 8255 in an FPGA and put the PCI interface into it, as well. Designing the PCB might be the hardest part of the job due to the PCI interface requirements.
Leon
Pier Joursey wrote...

Use a PCI-ISA bridge chip, like an Intel 82380AB or 82371SB, see http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/datashts/290550.htm . Or the ISA-bridge function in an IP core for FPGA. Or a Super-IO chip, SMSC LPC47N227, http://www.smsc.com/main/datasheets/47n227.pdf
Or purchase a pcb containing one of these devices, ready to go, with drivers and instructions...
--
Thanks,
- Win
<Pier Joursey> wrote in message