Fairchild KA3050 Camera motor driver IC

Has anyone tried to interface this IC? I saw it on eBay, got the datasheet and it looks like a good all in 1 IC. I'd like to know some pros-cons.

Reply to
en

I quickly scanned the data sheet. I have some cons:

  1. Complicated interface
  2. Uses BJTs instead of MOSFETS. This puppy will get hot unless you use only very small motors (like camera motors which is what it is designed for)
  3. QFP package - great for a big OEM, bad for hobbyists.
  4. No built-in flyback suppression

I wouldn't take one of these if someone gave it to me - but that's just me (a lowly hobbyist).

BRW

Reply to
Bennet Williams