Accelerometer

I'm trying to construct a simple 3 axis accelerometer. I'm probably going to go with the chips by Analog Devices, but I'm not sure on which combination. Which combo would work better, the xl250/xl150 or the xl202/xl103?

Sincerely, Chris S.

Reply to
Chris S

For most robotic applications the 2g parts are fine.

Why not just use two ADXL202. You will then have an extra channel, but the '202 is now so commonly used, and therefore easy to get and cheap, it hardly matters.

For example, two of these will do it all, and they just plug in to your MCU or breadboard:

Or, Parallax sells the cheaper Memsic 2125, also dual channel and 2g, for a little less than the above. It's also plug-and-play.

-- Gordon Author: Constructing Robot Bases, Robot Builder's Sourcebook, Robot Builder's Bonanza

Reply to
Gordon McComb