BS2 replacement

In looking around on the web recently I came across a pin-for-pin compatible processor to the Stamp, that had interrupts and was much more powerful that
any of the Stamp processors. Anybody know about this? I can't find it again and would like to order one. Please Help jmokie
http://www.basicmicro.com/ViewPage.aspx?ContentCode=Home
maybe?

compatible
that
Dave wrote:

http://www.dontronics.com/staver.html
--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

it
Systronics JStamp is one of the options. Although even more expensive than BStamp.
If you're fixed on Basic, then see basicx.com, BasicX-24 in particular. http://www.basicx.com/Products/BX-24/bx24main.htm It runs on AVR though, so it might be more practical to go straight to AVR perhaps, as suggested earlier.
-kert
Kaido Kert wrote:

The JStamp sells for about $120. The development station, which includes a JStamp, costs around $250. This doesn't sound that much more than a high-end Basic Stamp.
And the JStamp has 512k RAM and 512k Flash and runs at 70 MHz. -- D. Jay Newman http://enerd.ws/robots /

Why not move to using normal pics or avrs ?
It may take a bit of learning but will cost you less in the long run.
If your going to use avrs and want a basic bascom avr is quite good.
Don't know about pic basic compilers. except there is a free one on Myke Predko's web site.
For a free language for the pics jal is very good. Easy to learn and has plenty of example programs out there
For avr I use c, for the pic either jal or c mostly with some assembly.
http://www.voti.nl/jal / http://www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/language/jal/index.htm http://sourceforge.net/projects/jal
pic www.piclist.com
avr www.avrfreaks.com winavr port of gcc for windows for the avr
Alex
I've been using the PIC series of MCUs for a while, with the PicBasic Pro compiler. Quite easy to use, over about a month I have used almost every command with success. Extremely cheap (and you don't have to pay ONE PENNY if you request samples!) from www.Microchip.com, these things will run up to 40 MHz with the compiler I think. The PIC16F877 has 22 I/O pins, hardware UART, hardware PWM, interrupts, etc. Very cool.
Good luck!
Anders

only the 18fxxx run at 40MHz the 16fxxx are limited to 20MHz
the ubicom(scenix) pic compatables run at up to 75MHz
You might check out some of the newer Basic Stamp modules.
Otherwise, search for the BX-24 and Basic Atom.