Bumper Sensor selection

I am looking for ideas of something to use as a bumper sensor for the small wheeled robot I am designing. This sensor would serve as a backup for the optical primary sensors. I could, of course, just use a couple of switches with long actuators, however I would prefer something more elegant. Optimum would be some sort of narrow strip (

Reply to
Israel Brewster

rubber tube and a presure sw.

Reply to
Jeremy

Thanks. That is a good idea, and would almost certainly work, provided I could find a soft enough and small enough rubber hose (

Reply to
Israel Brewster

Reply to
Mitch Berkson

Try surgical tubing. Small diameter with thick wall for strength, yet very flexible. The inner diameter would be very small, so slight external deformations should cause a measurable increase in the internal air pressure. Cheap and readily available.

Reply to
W.E.Cole