C compilers for 68xx CPUs

Anyone know where I can find a SmallC, C or C++ compiler (preferably a free one) for this series of cpus, specifically the MC6802? I've been googling for hours, and all I can find are assemblers - I'm fed up with machine code programming, and assembly isn't much better for the level of complexity I need to program my latest project with...

Thanks.

Tom

Reply to
Tom McEwan

Hi Tom Gcc can compile/assemble to the mc6809 and mc6811

You have to make a genuine compiler (for your computer - if you use Linux/bsd or unix it will probaly be installed already) and then use this compiler for compiling the cross compiler. You can use gcc on a dos/windows machine but I have no experince with this.

In the schript:

can see the steps involed in building the gcc for m6811 and m6809. I have only used this schript for Linux.

Gcc is free. and has C, C++, assembler and a debugger.

For more info do a google for "gcc cross compiler"

Hope that this will help you Best regards Toke Koustrup

"Tom McEwan" skrev i en meddelelse news:bmr7ag$4nh$ snipped-for-privacy@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
Toke Koustrup