Can you recomend a PC Card IO controller

Hi all.
I am looking for a PC (pcmcia) card that has both digital and analogue I/O. I need to interface an onboard laptop to a mobile platform with sensor
array.
Need something well supported and has documented API's so I can program in C or C++.
OS not that crucial.
Exact requirements not defined yet, but 16 digital I/Os and 4 analogue at 10bit would be minimum.
Thanks up front.
Putting aside our obvious political disagreements. (This elitists will try! lol )
Have you considered using a microcontroller for IO and passing I/O up and down a serial interface? Likely add lag, etc, but might be easier from the C++, simple comm. i/o.
Seems like the oopic-r might work for this. Has built in rs232 so you can use a regular ole' serial cable, tty right out your laptop. just an idea. take it or leave it.
Thanks
Respectfully
Dan Scott

I/O.
Agreed, putting aside the politics. lol
I had considered the use of microcontrollers as an interface, but the bulk of my processing is going to be fourier transforms and jocobian matrices, which are very processor hungry and I don't think I can either implement them on a micro controller or stream the output through from a serial port quick enough. I think you might of pointed me in the right direction tho. I am now looking as DSP (Digital Signal Processors) boards to use inplace of the suggested micro controller. I think I might be able to balance the processor load a bit better with this combo.
Thanks. Mutual Respect Iain

in
at

Have you looked at the USB devices such as at http://www.measurementcomputing.com/usb.html ?
Fairly inexpensive with reasonable data rates and probably more portable than PCMCIA/PCCard.
They have PCMCIA stuff as well... http://www.measurementcomputing.com/cbicatalog/directory.asp?dept_id
Disclaimer: not associated with them in any way.
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Nice one Rich.
Just the job. Going to purchase a couple of these just as soon as I can work out the export/import tax from USA to UK.
Thanks guys.

bulk
port
tho.