Castor/ball roller recommendations...

Hi all

I have a castor fitted to by robot and I'm finding it 'sticking' in the side position. Ie it doesn't spin freely enough. It's a mini nylon shopping trolley type.

Anyone have any recommendations? Are there any cheap 'ball' types i can use? (In the UK ideally)

I have about 5cm clearance on my robot.

Thanks

Reply to
rw

I wonder if you could use a medium light spring to help return the caster to its forward position. Not so strong as to impede caster rotation when turning.

- dan michaels www.oricomtech.om ========================

Reply to
dan michaels

I had a swivel castor do that once. I returned it to Sears and got a new one.

BRW

Reply to
Bennet Williams

Thanks for your replies guys

So maybe my castor is the wrong type for the job, or is faulty. I'll replace it, any recommendations from anyone ?

Reply to
rw

I have to agree -- I've done a few robots w/ casters and have only seen this once. I just replaced the caster. The OP could either get a new one, or maybe the existing caster just needs a bit of lubricant. My casters came from a large home improvement retailer; they were nothing special.

Reply to
The Artist Formerly Known as K