Castor/ball roller recommendations...

Hi all
I have a castor fitted to by robot and I'm finding it 'sticking' in the side position. Ie it doesn't spin freely enough. It's a mini nylon
shopping trolley type.
Anyone have any recommendations? Are there any cheap 'ball' types i can use? (In the UK ideally)
I have about 5cm clearance on my robot.
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@stringx.com (rw) wrote in message

I wonder if you could use a medium light spring to help return the caster to its forward position. Not so strong as to impede caster rotation when turning.
- dan michaels www.oricomtech.om =======================
I had a swivel castor do that once. I returned it to Sears and got a new one.
BRW
On 12 Oct 2004 04:20:13 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@stringx.com (rw) wrote:

Thanks for your replies guys
So maybe my castor is the wrong type for the job, or is faulty. I'll replace it, any recommendations from anyone ?
Bennet Williams <> wrote in message (rw) wrote:

Bennet Williams wrote:

I have to agree -- I've done a few robots w/ casters and have only seen this once. I just replaced the caster. The OP could either get a new one, or maybe the existing caster just needs a bit of lubricant. My casters came from a large home improvement retailer; they were nothing special.
--
(Replies: cleanse my address of the Mark of the Beast!)