cmucam2 gui freeze

Hi all, I finally decided to use my CMUCam2, but I got stuck using the GUI on the pc, when I grab a frame the gui freeze.
I don't have the latest firmware on the CMUCam2 but it seems it is a software problem on the pc. I use the latest JRE. Any idea?
I have the 1.00 firmware, I would like to flash the latest but I need a SX key adapter. Could you point me to the cheapest kit/schematic to build/purchase one?
Thanks in advance,
Giuseppe Marullo