Special sale at 1sorc.com

This weeks sale is the 1sorc Mini Sumo chassis kit with wheels and pre-modified servos. This is an awesome deal at $30 with servos and all, and just in time for the fall competitions coming up! Be sure to hit the refresh button to see this current special and check out the rest of our great products.

-Dan

Reply to
topazx2

Hi Dan, curious, it says in your "ad" here, the servos are pre-modified. Also at the store, it says the servos are pre-modified. However, if you click on "more" you find "The servos included in this kit are not pre-modified and will require the typical hacking before use."

So some clarification would be helpful.

Other issues I didn't see resolved. Looks like you have no center slot to let the line sensor wires come up through. Not that I use them, just wondering. Also looks like there are only positions for two line sensors, not three as on the junun version. Is that correct? And you say the chasis allows horizontal mounting of the sharp sensors, is that correct. Finally looks like the "swedge-on servo mount standoffs" are different, perhaps having more holes. Can you comment if they are the same or not?

Also, how do you compare the Futaba servos to the GWS? About the same, any difference? same splines?

And one last thing, FYI, I tried to order the sticky wheels, but Add to Cart button brought up an info box on the paypal page "The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount."

Thanks,

Reply to
Randy M. Dumse

The GWS 03 series is designed after the Futaba S148. Like the S148 it uses top and bottom brass bushings. The GWS parts are available with a variety of gear ratios, so you can choose a speed and torque. One of them (with an "N" suffix part number) matches the S148 specs. Parallax's current premodified servo is based on the Futaba S148. It cannot be "unmodified" because its pot is relocated to the side of the case. There's a hole in the case for adjusting the pot.

For the standard-size models, GWS servos share the same spline design as Futaba.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb