Older RCX and Linux - help please

I have an RCX 1.0 brick and a 9-pin serial IR tower.

I'd like to use C and if possible leave the brick firmware as it is, but I can't find NQC for Linux anymore. If I can't use Linux, I'd have to use a USB / serial adapter on a Windoze Vista machine - does anyone know if this is feasible, please?

TIA

Deep.

Reply to
Deep Reset

The USB driver worls on Vista (32 bit, not 64 bit). An alternative would be to download the VMWare Workstation beta (which is free) and host a guest OS that supports the driver in it, then redirect the USB device to the guest. I myself use Windows Server 2003 32bit as guest on a Vista 64bit host, works great.

Reply to
Marco van der Slot