LNPD -- can't get it to work.

Hello.
I'm new to robotics and recently bought a Mindstorms RCX kit that I found
at a
good price (about 80$, new! a local store was selling things they had had
on
stock for a long time).
The first thing I did was to look for something that would allow me to
interoperate between linux and my new kit, and program in C. I found
brickOS,
installed it, and it works great, and I love it.
However, today, I found a problem.
I'm trying to control the brick through my computer, and the best thing I
found
for that appears to LNP (LegOS Network Protocol, I believe). So, I
installed
lnpd and liblnp in my linux computer.
However, it's giving me an error, and lnpd doesn't start!
The log file is as follows:
0:Info > created lock file /var/lock/LCK..ttyUSB0
9:Fatal > Invalid argument. ioctl[TIOCGSERIAL](),rcxtty.c,line
154
I'm using a serial IR tower, connected to my computer through a serial to
USB
cable.
I have Ubuntu linux, 64 bit.
I've tried both compiling from source and installing the package in the
repositories, and both gave me the same error.
I've tried starting lnpd with the --nolock option, and same error happened.
After searching thoroughly through the web, the best explanation I could
find to
what is happening is that the USB to serial driver may not support the
TIOCGSERIAL (I found a patch that solved that). However, my computer is
fully
updated, and the patch I found is for an older version of the linux kernel.
Anyone knows what I should do?
Thank you for your time.
Rodrigo
Delivered via
and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup
-
alt.comp.lego-mindstorms - 159 messages and counting!
Cynary
[...]
Reply to
Cynary