how to get a 2.0 USB transmitter

Hi, I'm working with Mindstorms 1.5, and now I want to replace the serial IR-Transmitter with the USB version from RIS2.0 (and also update the
software). This is needed because my laptop has no serial interface.
Does anybody know how to get a usb-version of the IR-Transmitter and the 2.0software ???
thanks ...GERD...

The software is available from Shop At Home. The Tower is available from Dacta. Some notebooks have problems with the USB tower. Dacta http://www.lego.com/education/Default.asp?x=x Shop at Home http://shop.lego.com /
--
Bob Fay

http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay /
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:04:09 GMT, "Bob Fay"

Did you had a look to an USB->RS232_DB9 adapter ? It might be less expensive.
which problems does some notebooks have with the USB transmitter ? Is it generally a problem to work with mindstorms on a laptop ???
thanks ...GERD...
which problems does some notebooks have with the USB transmitter

Toshiba seems to have a problem with locking up when the tower is trying to engage. I don't have a notebook, so I don't have any personal experience. I have seen several complaints aired on Lugnet and no solutions have been posted. You might pursue the question on lugnet.robotics newsgroup. http://www.Lugnet.com