Best bet for older Mindstorms and Linux

I have an old RCX 1.0 with serial (9 pin) IR tower, and wondered what the best way of using it with Linux would be.

I thought NQC was the way to go, but can't find Linux support anymore. I'd prefer to stick with C and the existing firmware if possible.

Failing Linux, does anyone know if the tower will work with a USB to RS232 converter under Vista?

Grateful for any help,

TIA

Deep.

Reply to