Current limiter for DC motor

Hello, I've already made a set of cards that control speed of a small DC motor. It works quite well, but there is no current limiter. Does anyone know of a chip including stuff for current detection : amplifier, comparator and one shot (motor is PWM driven by MOSFET).

Thanks in advance, Den

Reply to
Den

I don't know about for motor drivers per se, but there are chips that perform these tasks for chopper-driven stepper motor drivers, eg STMicro L6506 and L297. They use a sense resistor in the low-leg of the h-bridge and trip when Vsense = I*Rsense exceeds a preset reference voltage. OTOH, some of us just build the ckts as mentioned above.

- dan michaels

Reply to
dan

I bought a 12 VDC Motor Speed Control kit from Brigar some years ago and it works like a charm. Don't know if they still have them, but they were carrying this kit plus a stepper motor control kit as well... both under $20 part number AA200 $14.95 - email them at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com or google their website.

Wayne

Wayne Lundberg