DC motors and efficiency

I have a general question about DC electric motors. I have found a servo motor with the right size and price to meet my application. However, it's best efficiency is within the continuous torque range that places the rpm higher than what I want (2700). However, this is an underwater propulsion application and so the motor will have plenty of cooling.

1) Can I operate this motor at a lower rpm (and thus higher torque for the same power out) and still maintain efficiency being I am providing cooling? 2) Basically, how does complete cooling effect the efficiency and continuous torgue ratings of these motors?

Thanks for any insight. Bailey--

Reply to
MBS

What about a gear?