Design DC motor using H bridge L298 ???

hello every one . i'm Wesam , can some one tell me How to design Design DC motor using H bridge L298..????

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Wesam:
You start by finding and reading the L298 the spec. sheet.
There is not much to using a an L298. You must be sure that you install the free wheel diodes on the back of the chip. Here is a URL to a design I have that uses them:
<http://gramlich.net/projects/rb2/midimotor2/index.html
In this design I am using 1 L298 to drive 1 motor with a maximum current draw of 3.5A. I use two L298's one for each motor of a robot.
There are many more L298 designs out there on the web.
Enjoy,
-Wayne
Does the L298 come in a L298D model? That has fly wheel diodes built in. Or get some free SN754410DNE's as samples from Texas Instuments like I did!
Cheers
|-]
Dale

Dale T Stewart wrote:

There is an L293D chip that has the clamping diodes built-in, as the 754410 also does. However, these are only good for 600-mA and 1-Amp, respectively, and are DIP-packages that get rather warm at higher current levels. The L298 requires external clamping diodes, but can handle up to 2-Amp, as long as you screw on a good-sized heatsink.
Dale T Stewart wrote:

Dale:
No the L298 does not have a "D" variant with the free wheel diodes built in. That is why I called that issue out. (Also, the original question just mentioned the L298.)
The SN754410 is the pin equivalent of the L293D although it has a higher current capacity 1.1A per H-bridge.
The following table should help:
Part H-Bridge Current H-Bridges External Diodes ========================================================= L293D 0.6A 2 Not Needed SN754410 1.1A 2 Not Needed L298 2.0A 2 Needed Ganged-L298 3.5A 1 Needed
Have fun,
-Wayne
Well done Wayne...thanks for bringing me up to date!
Cheers
:-]
Dale