digital signal processing

Hello group,
I hoping that one of you may know this.
I'm looking for a book on Digital Signal Processing. In particular, a book
that explains the LMS (Least Mean Squares?) algorithm. I'm looking for more info on what determines the size of the itteration (spelling?) factor. Have googled a lot and found papers, but so far nothing that explains the itteration factor in detail. Anyone know of a DSP book that has this particular subject in it??
--
Bye, Ray

http://home.hccnet.nl/raymond.van.elst/

Hi Ray, you might take a look at Adaptive Filter Theory by Simon Haykin, 1986 - if you can find it. If has about 20 pages on LMS, plus some description of the affects of changing mu.
- dan michaels www.oricomtech.com =========================

Looks good, and in stock @ amazon. At least better than the other book I found that costs $299,- :-P
Thanks
--
Bye, Ray

http://home.hccnet.nl/raymond.van.elst/

I would first try to find it or another book at the local university library :).
- dan =========

have you seen digital signal processing for scientists and engineers can't remeber if it covers this http://www.dspguide.com /
Alex
Thank you Alex for the link, this book is great :)
Best wishes and regards, Refik
wrote in message

more
Have
have you seen digital signal processing for scientists and engineers can't remeber if it covers this http://www.dspguide.com /
Alex

Yes I know that one. Have downloaded it and in the process of printing it (at the office offcourse, I don't have a laserprinter a home ;-) ).
It is very good. Nice explanations without going into math too much. But I still need more info on the LMS. Got some terrific replies with book suggestions so I'm going to give amazon a visit soon.
Thanks to all for your help.
-- Bye, Ray
http://home.hccnet.nl/raymond.van.elst / Mobile robot, walker and I-Cybie