Embarrassingly, an off-topic rant

That should have read: "There's your jetsons". The word "you're" is a contraction of the two words "you are". That is the same sort of sloppy thinking that makes you (and people like you) reject the nearly free power that breeder reactors could have been supplying the U.S. by now.

Modern and futuristic architecture used to be considered pretty. But that was before reality TV and Entertainment Tonight and MTV. Back when we had Jack Paar instead of Letterman.
Midlife Crisis wrote:

I agree completely. Why would anyone want to utilize free and plentiful sun light when we can make large, high-maintenance nuclear plants whose fuels require expensive mining and refinement. Not only do they produce cheap nuclear waste that won't dissipate for thousands of years, but you won't need night lights because everyone will glow in the dark! Plus, where would we get our super-heroes without nuclear radiation? If everyone was using solar panels, New York City would have been destroyed by Doctor Octopus! When will someone smack some sense into these sloppy-thinking, mis-spelling liberal wimps!?

I'm afraid you're fairly thoroughly underinformed and have thus missed the point entirely.
E. Lee Dickinson wrote:

My post was mainly satirical (hoped I wouldn't have to explain that). However, the parent was actually serious about his drivel. Modern nuclear technology can be extremely clean but it can't hold a candle to 100% clean solar, wind, and geothermal energy sources, which the parent seems to think should just be ignored in the face of expensive, complex, and volatile breeder reactors. There's a reason why breeders aren't the standard in nuclear technology, and it isn't just due to fears over Plutonium proliferation.
I guess there's just no winning this game. 90% of the population has been mesmerized by the retardation rays coming out of the TV for 40 years; 9% of the poulation has succumbed to witchcraft/nature-worship and hatred of anything that requires thought and self-discipline.
"Chris S." wrote:

I guess there's just no winning this game. 90% of the population has been mesmerized by the retardation rays coming out of the TV for 40 years; 9% of the population has succumbed to witchcraft/nature-worship and hatred of anything that requires thought and self-discipline.
"Chris S." wrote:

No, he's not. I consider myself liberal and I have nothing against Hummers. In fact, I'd like to own one.

Hmm. I always thought that was the attitude of the typical right-wing Shiite Christian.
Ryan McCormack wrote:

No, you get me wrong. I have no objections to walking 10 feet. I am just fascinated by the coolness of having conveyer belts.

But you see, this gives me more time to spend on my treadmill or Nordic Track.

Do you really think this is a dream for a lazy ass? I just saw Bill Moyers tossing softballs to Lou Dobbs (one of the founders of Space.com), and it did get me a little bit alarmed. It would be bad to be displaced by outsourcing and then not have any money to pay for dreams like this. Maybe I should be doing something to ward off outsourcing instead of thinking about living like the Jetsons. But maybe the current crop of people in this country who waste their time watching CSI and the Laci Peterson trial deserve this. Maybe Michael Savage should be appointed to execute them all. And anyway, I will die someday, and it won't matter. So until I die, I think I would enjoy nitrogen filled robotic refrigerators, and - instead of a simple breaker box - a power distribution panel that monitors current down each circuit; maybe there is something like homeSCADA.

I really think that posts like this, from the extraordinary guestbook of the enclosed url, has exposed more about the Scott Peterson trial than all the rest of the media. It's a very insightful read...
838 Date: 2004-08-19 19:40:20 Tom Wilkinson wrote:
The Amber Frey, country club boys are in a deep panic because Mark Geragos wants to question Amber about taping telephone conversations while involved in a previous relationship with a married man whose wife was pregnant at the time. In this case, the police are covering for Amber, they deny the well reported claim that Amber started taping Scott on her own, despite the fact that with her history, she probably was. It is illegal to tape a telephone conversation without both parties consent, in certain states -remember Linda Tripp? 837 Date: 2004-08-19 18:11:20 Rick Turpin wrote:
Giving Amber's sleazy operatives more time to prepare Amber to cover up the truth is absolutely DISGUSTING. This STINKS ! ! ! Somebody is clearly worried, the zeal to protect criminals who blackmail married men is astounding. 836 Date: 2004-08-19 16:37:37 David Sween wrote:
Anybody who claims that Scott murdered Laci is not a competent, criminal investigator and misinformed allegations are not acceptable because we are supposed to appreciate the impact of failing to connect the dots in an intelligent way. I would like to take this opportunity to thank people like Jack for promoting facts I have brought to their attention --because every investigator who advances the truth deserves a forum. Thanks Jack. 835 Date: 2004-08-19 01:42:22 Columbo wrote:
What a joke ! Wednesday's scheduled cross-examination of Amber Frey was postponed until next week. I think the murderers who use bimbos like Amber Frey to blackmail married men are nervous and they need to make sure that the bimbo does not say anything she ain't supposed to.
http://www.geocities.com/jacknichols123/tapes.htm
So, back to my question, where is there a place that is assembling all this? SmartHome.com is all just bits and pieces, not even integrated for just one home, let alone for a whole community. I know there are lots of people who will assemble home automation solutions for your home, but what about builders and communities?
Is there someone at SmartHome that knows any place in the USA where this is all packaged together?
What about nitrogen filled robotic refrigirators? With microwaves attached and a conveyer belt to take the food from the microwave to the table?
What about self-cleaning bathrooms? With UV germicidal bulbs and ozone shock generators to get rid of smells?
What about underground pneumatic trash removal?
What about having walls that are NOT made like wasp's nests (i.e. wooden studs papered over with drywall), but instead are made of modular removable panels so that you have easy access to wiring and plumbing?
What about having RFID sensors in every doorframe so that you can instantly locate any object in your home?
What about motorized pocket doors?
Midlife Crisis wrote:

NASA?

ROFL! A few billion dollars, noisy as hell, and falling to pieces even without gravity- and it can be in your backyard any time now. They appear to have learned absolutely nothing in over four decades. What a return on the investment.
Cheers!
Sir Charles W. Shults III, K. B. B. Xenotech Research 321-206-1840
Sir Charles W. Shults III wrote:

You shouldn't comment on something you know nothing about. NASA's contributions to modern technology have been vast, and just because you can't package each innovation with a snappy name and sell them at Walmart doesn't make them any less important.
But for some of the more pedestrian examples see: http://spaceplace.jpl.nasa.gov/en/kids/spinoffs2.shtml
"Chris S." wrote:

Ah yes, the 20 million dollar space pen, 14 years in development, over thirty examples that failed to work throughout the range of expected conditions. It writes in zero gravity, upside down, in extreme hot and cold but, carries less ink than a normal pen due to the space consumed by the pressure cylinder.
The Russians also tackled the problem, spent two days on it and decided to use a pencil.
Not to belittle the positive contributions.
Jj

oh shoot. this one has me on the ground grabbing my sides.
my face hurts because I am laughing so hard. I cannot see strait because tears of laughter fill my eyes.
An intelligent, reasonable engineer with a fixed budget once wrote:
"if the budget to make a space pen exceeds $0.50, use a pencil"
Rich
aiiadict AT hotmail DOT com http://rich12345.tripod.com
Rich J. wrote:

Because pieces of wood and lead floating into your eye in zero-g is tons of fun... I would imagine that engineer is currently unemployed.
"Chris S." wrote:

Two types of pencil are employed in orbit, a strengthened mechanical, with a lead that does not snap and wax pencils that have peelable sticks. How would I know, I dated a flight engineer at NASA in Clear Lake.
JJ
jeremy wrote:

Also untrue. That's an urban myth: http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/spacepen.asp http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_zero_gravity_pen.htm

Heaven forbid...

even
appear
on
"Something I know nothing about"? Your ignorance and assumptions are truly monumental.
Cheers!
Sir Charles W. Shults III, K. B. B. Xenotech Research 321-206-1840
Sir Charles W. Shults III wrote:

Petty insults refute poorly. Thanks for proving my point.