Embarrassingly, an off-topic rant

are
When a statement of fact insults you, you are definitely on the wrong ground.
Cheers!
Sir Charles W. Shults III, K. B. B. Xenotech Research 321-206-1840
Sir Charles W. Shults III wrote:

Exactly my point. The references I presented proved your ignorant insult of NASA wrong, yet instead of acknowledging your error you seem to prefer projecting your faults onto others. Seems immature.

wrong
What references? I went over this thread and find nothing but some retoric about pencil dust. If you feel that qualifies as references, then this is a sterling example of how our educational system has gone to hell. And that "ignorant insult" comes from personal experience in aerospace and weapons systems. They can't design a space station quiet enough to sleep in without earplugs, and that is the long and short of it. It's amazing how there are many proven designs for air moving systems that are virtually silent, have little mass, and consume little power- but somehow, this was not considered important. They were informed about the thermal expansion and wobbling involved with deploying solar panels of any significant size, but they ignored that advice, much to the consternation of the early Hubble team. The problem of humidity concentrating on metal surfaces near airlocks was also a simple enough one to solve, but once again... and there are hundreds of such examples. Some such examples I have personally had to deal with in one way or another in electronic and flight hardware systems. And with that, this exchange is at an end.
Cheers!
Sir Charles W. Shults III, K. B. B. Xenotech Research 321-206-1840

No way... "Bombardier" in Montreal, Quebec... and 100% subsidized by the Canadian Taxpayer... All the operating labels will be in French though... :-))

assembling all

integrated for

there are lots of

home, but what

USA where this is

microwaves attached

the table?

Im going to build my retirement cabin with a V shaped floor to a 12" diameter drain sump with a shredding tash pump in it... and water wash headers along the perimeter... then when I want to clean the place out I just turn on the flush valve and everything on the floor is washed into the shredder sump.
Nice hu? Then every year I will have Target send me new bedding, and a years supply of paper plates, cups and spoons No laundry. No dishes. Every two years I will call the trash guy to pick up my toaster oven, micro wave, and refrigerator... and Target can send out new ones. That will save on house cleaning.
With UV germicidal bulbs and ozone

(i.e. wooden

modular removable

you can instantly

room, with a

air-lock with a

Perhaps a

the arm can

automatically, and

maintenance,
come by and fix

and Gantt and

done as quickly

possible.
automatically
intervention. You

require regular

without frustrating

contributing 3D

Jetsons-like
communities are all

which have

Jetsons; it is easy

are the

bathtub or sink.

underground
system throughout

nitrogen filled

handling
floor in the

connected to the

healthy I am

could have built a

employees (see AGI

what's STK

directly?).
corrals for

terminals in

Phil Scott wrote:

Gives new meaning to the term "disposable society". Personally, I don't understand your aversion to simple maintenance. In any case, the amount of waste you suggest would be expensive.
So, you're joking, but you are still exactly right. Why isn't every bathroom constructed that way? Why are you content to joke about this when each bathroom and kitchen could be SO MUCH BETTER if it had a drain in the middle of it?
Phil Scott wrote:

Midlife Crisis wrote:

After my then three year old overflowed the toilet for the millionth time, I wondered why a floor drain was not required by code.
--
Mike McGinn

Midlife Crisis wrote:

<snip....more druthers list....>
Nowhere, I sincerely hope. I know your premises included easy maintainability, but as you pile automation upon automation your reliability is headed for the toilet. You'll soon need a second home/warehouse to store all the maintenance supplies.... Not to mention the extremely adverse effects upon your health as your muscles and limbs atrophy through disuse.... Then there's all the extra power required when a whole community wants to emulate this lifestyle...not just electronics with modest power needs, but also major electro-mechanical devices with serious power consumption.... Then there's all the excess heat this community generates with all its gadgets (each with at best characteristic electro-mech. efficiency)... Then there's all the noise a whole town of electro-mech. gadgets would generate on a continuous basis....just like living next to the freeway... Etc., etc., etc.
As I said: Nowhere, nowhen, I sincerely hope.....
Geoff.
That is a totally Luddite response.
Geoff wrote:

This is what I was worried about in the first place. I was hoping that all parts could be automatically replaceable by machine, instead of by Superindentant Henry Orbit. Is there anywhere out there that has this as a design goal? Are there different fasteners in use (other than screws) that lend themselves to easy machine use?

No, I will have more time to exercise because of all the conveniences.

Then we need to build more nuclear power plants.

I don't care about this at all.

Just build berms between the houses, to deflect the sound up. Anyway, you are totally exaggerating all the potential drawbacks.

This guy seems to have the same idea.
http://www.edcheung.com/automa/ha.htm
Ed, if you're listening, is there such as thing as "homeSCADA"? Is there a small industrial PDU that can be used in a home in place of a breaker box?
Also, your home looks so traditional from the outside. Why?
Tony wrote:

Midlife Crisis wrote:

I might suggest that it 1) makes it not stand out and ugly 2) keeps it sellable valuable.
Guy building a house down the hill a bit. The roofers were just starting work and I stopped and teased him a bit for no solar panels. Not even pipes left for later water install.
He lamented that "building green" or just different generally wasn't seen as a plus. "Oh, this costs $20k more than the other equiv house, so we want it for less. We don't care that there will never be a power bill or much of a heating bill and that's its efficiently heated and very well insulated."
So that all said, as you've trashed Nasa, you now ask Dr Cheung questions (well, demand answers).
It may not take a rocket scientist to do H.A., but he IS a rocket scientist.
Remember, in cartoons, power is abundant. It comes from dinosaurs. You want flying cars, but reality has shown that the personal helicopters planned for in the late 40's are, well, complex.
Given that people can barely handle their 6000# SUVs, I'm delighted that they aren't in gas guzzling loud choppers.
"Smart Roads" would be nice and are testing out in San Diego test areas. The roadside has small radios that can tell the car where it is. Review I read described it as "really sort of boring. You start the car down the road; let go of the wheel" and, er, relax and just half pay attention.
I suppose most of the drivers have the second part of that down (attention-wise).