Fantastic walker

    --Saw this at Burning Man last year but it wasn't running yet. Here it is in action: http://www.flixxy.com/spider-car.htm
    --I can't wait for plans so's I can build a smaller Stamp-controlled one to freak out the cat!
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I still miss
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : rock and roll...

You probably can't build one yourself for this price:
http://shopping.discovery.com/product-63504.html
Anyone near Sacramento that is building a medium sized robot? There is some packaging equipment at Sunshine Steel (a scrap yard) that has a bunch of gears, shafts and DC motors that you may want to look at. I saw one DC motor that was rated at 1/2 hp and 90 Volts. Too high a voltage for many but would be OK for a machine tool.
Just a happy shopper. Bill K7NOM

    --Oh yeah forgot about that. I'm thinking it would be an interesting battlebot if scaled up a bit, but I'd hate to do all that work and then get it beat to crap in the arena.. Might be fun to make one big enough to carry groceries in the supermarket or something weird like that, heh.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I still miss
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : rock and roll...
steamer wrote:

Now that's a spider!
I noticed there was a lot of serious foot pad to surface slip. With the right serrated (saw-tooth like) rubber feet, it should do a lot better. First proto I guess.
Don...
--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html
Don McKenzie wrote:

Looks like the outside legs operate in pairs with one motor driving a set with simple rotation. That seemed to be the cause of the awkwardness when turning around, but worked pretty good when going straight. Still, pretty awesome. :-)