Festo 640 PLC help?

Hi peoples,
May be OT for this group but in essence it is a robot and if anyone can help it would be appreciated.
Metal cutting bandsaw
Material feed distance sense via encoder Festo 640 fast counter module (Feccntr) used to read encoder
How to set, reset, and interrogate the counter?
Reference material is non existant apart from FST 4.1 help, which gives instructions for the counter. So far no joy with implementing same.
I want to preset counter with feed distance, use 'current counter value', for ram slowdown near stop point...then use 'counter status' to stop feed when counter reaches preset value and becomes inactive.
If using I3.7, do I address counter 0 or 1?
Does the counter need all input parameters set? ie, if parameter 4 is 0 (no activity) does it need a value for 5 & 6 (related to activity) in order to set 7?
My local Festo man says I can't do anything with the counter apart from read its input word...I do not believe this yet!!
Are there any simulators for Festo PLC's?
Regards,
Reuben
sci.engr.control might get you more response.
DOC
Buy my junk! http://www3.sympatico.ca/doc/robotone/for-sale.html

DOC wrote:

thanks...but no, nor s.e.manufacturing, or cnc groups