"Hen Long" R/C tanks as base?

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has had a go at modifying one of those "battle tanks" R/C tank toys for use as a robot base? There are a load on ebay
going fairly cheap and they look like they are a decent size, and also come with prebuilt battery and charger etc which lasts apparently 60mins, which would be useful I suspect.
This is the sort of scale:
http://www.thecdmanager.co.uk/images/tank1.jpg (not my image - found on google)
Anyone had a go at hacking one of these? Is it easy to strip out all of the turret/firing kit etc (these things have rotating turret and can fire small pellets or something) leave a fairly useful base to work with?
Thanks
Matt
Matt Dibb wrote:

What were you planning on doing? Adding a real gun?
There's probably a market for that.

It occurred to me also as a cheap robot base. Replace the radio control with a PC interface and plonk one of those spy video cameras that come with a wireless tx to create your own little Mars explorer. The rotating turret would be useful for the camera I think?
John