Mr. Surfacer as primer?

Saludos Amigos!

I was about to order some of Gunze's Mr. Surfacer from Rainbow Ten a few minutes ago when I noticed that they also had something called Mr. Base, which I presume is a primer (or undercoat if you like.) This got me thinking ...

Now, although I've never tried it before, I'm aware of Mr. Surfacer's intended use as a liquid putty -- used for filling those itty-bitty scratches, seams, etc., where regular putty won't go without a good dash of liquid glue, and this was also the chief reason why I was thinking of buying it.

But ... Seeing as I'm out of Citadel Colour Undercoat, I was wondering what you guys think of using it as a primer for Gunze's Mr. Color line of paint? (I seem to recall some people mentioning that they've used it a such.) It it something you would recommend?

And how about Mr. Base? Is it a primer? And if so: Is it any good?

TIA

Reply to
John Magne Stubsveen

I don't know about the base but I've used Mr. Surfacer 1000 as a primer for years. I'm very happy with it.

S New

Reply to
Rabbi