Mr Surfacer 1000 problems

I sent this before but it never hit the NG

I tried airbrushing Mr. Surfacer 1000 tonight and ran into several problems. First of all it dried in and clogged the tip of my Paasche H airbrush even with the tip almost wide open. Secondly, when it did spray I got lots of "cobwebs." I thinned it with the same lacquer thinner I have always used with other lacquers and the pressure was about 18-20 psi. What am I doing wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Pete

Reply to
The Laws

in article u3Tib.49416$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.tampabay.rr.com, The Laws at snipped-for-privacy@cfl.rr.com wrote on 10/14/03 8:42 AM:

Sounds like it was a little too thick. As for the cobwebs, I avoided that problem when I switched from lacquer thinner to Mr. Color Thinner. It still dries fast and goes through my Iwata with no problem. I've also used it in a Badger. Just be sure to clean up as soon as you are through painting. And for that I do use lacquer thinner.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Thin it heaps with lacquer thinner (and usual safety precautions).

Too thick.

You can almost thin this stuff to death and it will spray OK.

Best method I've found.................buy the aerosol cans. Quicker, easier, cleaner, and a can will do a lot of models.

Reply to
The Raven