Q: How to thin "Mr. Resin" primer?

I purchased a bottle of "Mr. Resin" a primer produced for resin kits sold under the Gunze-Sanyo brand. It brushes on okay but it would be easier if it were airbrushed on. It is thicker than GS's "Mr. Surfacer" primer for plastic. Does anyone know if Mr. Resin can be airbrushed on and if so, what is used to thin it? I've tried paint thinner, turpentine, alcohol, water, etc, but no joy. Testor's liquid glue seems to work as a thinner, but it's rather messy and I suspect dangerous, it evaporates too fast causing the solution to clog up and I'd rather not shoot it through my airbrush.

TIA

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom

Dunno... I always use regular old lacquer thinner with Mr Surface to airbrush it on. Works great... try that? I also used lacquer thinner to airbrush on that dissolved putty stuff....I think also a gunze product, but I'd have to double check that. It thinned it and sprayed and cleaned up okay. Outcome not what I had in mind, but I'm not really sure what I had in mind.. good luck!

---Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Cellulose lacquer thinner.