re: 1/6th scale

Hello, would a 1/6th scale R/C model buildup be on topic here? I checked most of the rc groups seam to be dead. Maybe there out flying? ME

Reply to
ME

Well, I'm considering building either F-15 or Mig-29 from

I want to find out if anyone has built one before and has any advice. I am in need of a hobby that can get me out and about. I love flying but health keeps me grounded. ME

Reply to
ME

OK,I don't know you so I'll chalk this up as a poor joke. I cant see an $899.99 purchase (just for the plane), plus remote control and servo's and building being anything to do with gi-joe. ME

Reply to
ME

G.I. Joe's are 1/6th scale, unlike that F-15 you're looking at on TGAJets. It's more like

1/12th scale if you do the math. If it had been 1/6th scale than Alexander is right; G.I. Joe collecting circles are a good place to look if you're looking for things 1/6th and can't find them in R/C land. It works the other way around too. The people that say they collect G.I. Joes today often collect high end lines of action figures from Dragon
and Blue Box Toys
. To feed their hobby they scour the planet searching for everything and anything that is 1/6th scale to fit into their collections. That includes static display and functional R/C armor, airplanes and dioramas. If they can't find it, they make it. Often with impressive results.

I can't find a link to one guy's 1/6th B-24 Liberator anymore, but take my word for it, it was impressive. IIRC, it was plummed for R/C .

For myself, my R/C - G.I. Joe connection comes in the form of my 1/5th - 1/6th scale Waco Bipe, Sopwith Pup and J-3 Cub half builts. They'll all probably be restricted to static display when they are completed. The plan is to outfit a couple of nice big dioramas with G.I. Joes for pilots and ground crews.

In the meantime, maybe I should surround them with G.I. Joe aircraft builders. ;-)

WmB

WmB