Mr Surfacer Problem

I am spraying Mr Surfacer 1000 as a primer/barrier prior to applying Alclad II. I am using a Passche H airbrush at about 20 lbs air pressure and the Mr Surfacer was thinned with Mr Color thinner. The problem is that the primer seems to be drying too fast as it leaves the airbrush and I get like spiderwebs hanging on the model. I also have to frequently clear the tip of the airbrush. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. TIA, Pete

Reply to
thelaws

You did not mention what ratio Mr. Surfacer to thinner, but I think you should increase the thinner just a tad.

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

You have to thin it further.

Reply to
Alan

Use more thinner. Better yet, add some retarder. Best, use Mr. Color Leveling Thinner, which already has retarder in it.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Where is MC leveling thinner available? Most sources do not want to import flammables. Pete

Reply to
thelaws

Have you checked where you got your Mr. Surfacer?

Reply to
Al Superczynski