Mr Surfacer Problem

I am spraying Mr Surfacer 1000 as a primer/barrier prior to applying Alclad
II. I am using a Passche H airbrush at about 20 lbs air pressure and the Mr
Surfacer was thinned with Mr Color thinner. The problem is that the primer
seems to be drying too fast as it leaves the airbrush and I get like
spiderwebs hanging on the model. I also have to frequently clear the tip of
the airbrush. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. TIA, Pete
Reply to
thelaws
You did not mention what ratio Mr. Surfacer to thinner, but I think you should increase the thinner just a tad.
Ray Austin, TX ===
Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman
You have to thin it further.
Reply to
Alan
Use more thinner. Better yet, add some retarder. Best, use Mr. Color Leveling Thinner, which already has retarder in it.
Reply to
Al Superczynski
Where is MC leveling thinner available? Most sources do not want to import flammables. Pete
Reply to
thelaws
Have you checked where you got your Mr. Surfacer?
Reply to
Al Superczynski