Mr. Surfacer Thinner?

I would like to spray the Mr. Surfacer 1000 I've got and know there's a special thinner designed specifically for it. The local hobby shop only had something called Mr. Color Thinner -- no Mr. Surfacer Thinner. Is there a difference?


Reply to
Scott Nagle
Loading thread data ...

Never heard of a thinner specifically for Mr. Surfacer, and can't find anything like that at HLJ or Rainbow 10. Ordinary lacquer thinner works fine for me.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris


I've never used Mr. Color thinner so I can't say whether it's the same as Mr. Surfacer Thinner or not.

You can purchase Mr. Surfacer thinner from internet sites...I have, but don't remember which one, either Squadron, Roll Models or Great Models.

As an alternative you can thin Mr. Surfacer for airbrushing with lacquer thinner or denatured alcohol.


Reply to

Mr. Color Thinner is what I've used for years.

Use a vapor mask with it (and all paints and thinners). With the exception of Acetone, Mr. Thinner is the most volatile thinner I use.


Reply to
Art Murray

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.