Re: Mr. Surfacer Thinner Ratio

Also, will using the 500 or 1000 eliminate the ejection marks on
>Academy's Sea Knight without filling them in, or will I still need to >do that?
I've used the 1000 straight to fill small ejection marks, deep ones require
putty.
hth
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper
Don't thin it at all if you're applying it to small areas to fill pinholes, scratches, cracks, etc. This type of application would typically be done using a brush, toothpick, etc.
If you're applying it over a large area (probably as a primer), use the 1000 and thin it with lacquer thinner. Experienced modelers don't bother with thinning ratios, they just learn how it should look when thinned enough for their purpose; for airbrushing, the rule of thumb is "thin it to the consistency of milk", i.e. until the appearance of a drop running down the side of a jar is similar to that of milk.
The 500 can do that if they're not too deep. Apply a few drops with a brush or toothpick and let it dry. It'll shrink, so you may need to repeat a few times until it's completely filled. Then wet-sand it flush.
Reply to
Wayne C. Morris