Question Interior Colours Kubelwagen

Hello, An modelling friend made an German Kubelwagen in an all grey colour scheme (Balkan 1944). What would be the colours for the seating and the canvas (The old Italeri instructions are not clear on these matters and he hopes for some other colour then grey).

Greetings,

FilipFr

Reply to
filsoft

I've got the Automobilista Photo Monograph on the Kubelwagen. The photos are of a Type 82 undergoing restoration. I do not know if they used correct colors or whatever they could find.

The front seats are black. The canvas top looks like a light stone color. The interior is mainly gray. The wooden floor slats are natural wood color. The dashboard bezels are black as well as the circular portion of the steering wheel, shift knob and wiper motors. The double rear seat is canvas, looks like a light gray green.

HTH

Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

As a mainly aircraft modeller my colours would have been brown leather seats, light 'faded' grey canvas and grey interior. After sending the question I remembered theta I have the Hobbycraft 1/72 ground vehicle set with an Kubelwagen in it. So it seems that I in the future will be using this colour scheme as well.

Greetings,

FilipFr

Reply to
filsoft