Mr Surfacer?

Does anyone know where in the UK I can get this? or is it just online
orders?
Doing the Tamiya Challenger 2 and need to add the rough surface detail.
Spence
Reply to
Warty
I got mine from
service and they do the paint range too.
It's also advertised by
but I didn't anything on his stand at Euro Mil on Saturday.
Hope this helps.
JH
Reply to
Polo Player
Cheers JH.
Spence
Reply to
Warty
I've never bothered with it. You can home-brew something very similar by mixing generous amounts of ordinary bathroom talcum powder with enamel paint. Gerald Owens
Reply to
GERYO
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GERYO) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m16.aol.com:
And what kind of results do you get with that?
TF
Reply to
TForward
It makes a pretty good filler. Also, coming from the area of figure painting, it is excellent for "matte-ing down" paints that are a bit to glossy for your liking. It is also useful if you want to texture certain areas on figure, such as heavy, coarse woolen articles (by stippling the paint when applying it).
Reply to
Greg Heilers
I've never bothered with it. You can home-brew something very similar
And what kind of results do you get with that?
TF >> Can be textured by stippling with a nylon brush (like the cheap Testors variety). When I need to add cast steel texture to a non-styrene surface (resin or epoxy putty, for instance), it works nicely. It is also sandable, if I want to cut the final texture back a bit. GPO
Reply to
Lafimprov
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GERYO) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m16.aol.com:
I wonder if it will work with acrylics. I suppose if you shot that through an airbrush, to keep it from plugging up it would have to be wide open for really large areas ?
Reply to
TForward
I've never bothered with it. You can home-brew something very similar
I wonder if it will work with acrylics. I suppose if you shot that through an airbrush, to keep it from plugging up it would have to be wide open for really large areas ?
Reply to
Lafimprov
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Lafimprov) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m29.aol.com:
Yeah, that kind of dawned on me after I posted. Duh. Thanks, though. I think I'll try it with acrylics. I'll bet I would make great corrosion coming through a car's paint!
TF
Reply to
TForward