Pilot Model Kit by NewRay

this is a series of pre-painted, snap/screw together aircraft of various scales. basically these are toys but at $4-5 range, i can see where they would make great "starter" kits for youngsters. the main thing is getting them interested. i find that for that low price, i have a pre-painted "test mule" to practice my weathering, and experiment on without ruining something that i already have many hours into.

Reply to
KONDA24

Some of the New Ray and other models are, indeed, toys with clunky undercarriages and some heavy details.

They are, however, very cheap and sometimes have great markings (F-84 with Skyblazers IIRC for exaple).

They also make for some decent background models for photography.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

If this is the range that I remember, & have a few of, I have 2 F-14s in MiG & Su camo & an F-15 in what appears to be SEA camo. These were already assembled & indeed about 1/72 & a bit toylike, but work for me on the shelf.

Reply to
frank may