Price lists?

Greetings!

A nonprofit organization I work with recently received a donation of a collection of 1960s vintage model kits. We plan to sell these to raise funds for our programs. I want to be sure we price them fairly, but I also want to raise as much money for the organization as I can.

Are there any reliable price lists anyone would recommend?

And, specifically, I've seen Krazy Kam's Kar Kit Katalog advertised at . Any opinions about this?

Please reply to the newsgroup. If you send me e-mail, you'll have to jump through a hoop or two to get past Earthlink's spamblocker..

Thanks!

Doug

Reply to
Doug

What type of kits?

Brands?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I haven't gone through it all yet. There are probably 200 of them. Mostly cars, a few planes, though a lot of other stuff in there too.

On a quick glance, I see AMT, Aurora, IMC, ITC, Revell. Those are the ones I see on top.

I'm looking at an Aurora Mod Squad Station Wagon kit sitting by my desk. The box says it's a "'51 Mercury Woodie" but the instructions list it as a "1949 Mercury Station Wagon." Includes models of Linc, Julie and Pete. Unassembled.

I know there's a "Get Smart" Sunbeam in there too....

When I start listing this stuff on Ebay, I'll post here too in case anyone is interested.

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Get in touch with John Burns at:

snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net

Ask if he still has any copies of his Collectors Value Guide for Scale Model Plastic Kits, Seventh Edition.

It was published in 1999 so the value ranges are a bit low, but it gives you a starting pont.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

(Cough) Doug, that Mod Squad wagon is one of those 'Holy Grails' of the model car hobby. It's not the best as a model but it's definitely very rare. It was only out for a short time and the word is the moulds went south fast, ie. they were not made from tooling steel. I think I need air...;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

He says he's reading the instructions, that means it's openned, does that change the value?

Reply to
Jack Bohn

8^) Oh my, yes, once the instructions have been opened it knocks a hundred dollars off the value. Young man, I'll give you a nice crisp ten dollar bill for that pile of junk plastic there... 8^) The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper

don't let this slickee boy rip you off, i got $15 here.

Reply to
someone

$15.25 and I'll pick it up in person :-)

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

$20, i'll send the limo.

Reply to
someone

$20.01 I'll send the jet.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

fold.

Reply to
someone

haaa and all I had was a pair of dueces ;-)

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

still would have beat a busted flush.

Reply to
someone

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

When we picked up the donated kits, we set up tables on the driveway to air them out and blow off the dust. A neighbor thought we were having a yard sale, so wandered by. He offered us $2000 on the spot for the lot of them. I turned him down.

If anyone wants to spend way too much money, 100% of the proceeds go to a nonprofit organization, if that will assuage your guilt.

Thanks for the tip on the Burns guide. I will send e-mail to see if it's available.

Does anyone have an opinion about Krazy Kam's Kar Kit Katalog? Has anyone even heard of it?

Again, I will let y'all know when I start putting these up for sale. In the mean time, you can dream.....

Thanks!

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Only if you're one of them space-wastin', oxygen-thiefin' COLLECTORS. Build 'em and be damned! It's what they were made fer.

Reply to
Rob Grinberg
25 bucks Aussie. And you'll have to send it . :)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

"Rob Grinberg" wrote in news:4150600d snipped-for-privacy@news.chariot.net.au:

My busted straight, 9 high, beats that... :-)

Reply to
Warlok

But...I've got 5 aces...come back fellas,where ya going?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

However you are allowed to fondle them a bit first...:)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller