Price lists?

09-21-04....Hi, Most price guides in my opinion are for valuing kits for insurance policies. Kits haven't been bringing the High $ since 9-11-02. I figure a discount of 30-50% off any price guide price. List them on ebay with your min. $ you will take and see what they will bring. That is what I do. That Mod Squad kit, if is mint will go for arround $85-100 on ebay. Are there any loose spare parts with the collection? LMK Steve( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com)
Reply to
Steve

I ain't a COLLECTOR! The only kits I have in unopened boxes are the ones I haven't built YET! (Uh, and I have a surprisingly large number of kits in opened boxes that I also haven't built yet.)

Reply to
Jack Bohn

the only way it stays sealed is if it came in a lot and i know i won't build it. like all modern fighters....yuck.

Reply to
someone

09-23-04...Hi, Do you have any boxes of spare parts in the collection? Please email me at: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Thanks!
Reply to
Steve

Jack Bohn wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Guys, guys - this is a family newsgroup. You're gonna start throwin' around terms like "collector" and "won't build" and "still shrink wrapped", I'm gonna have to report you to the Internet Police... I mean, really, I expect this kind of filth in the alt.binaries groups (and sometimes in the microsoft groups), but not here... :-)

Reply to
Warlok

"Microsoft" and "still shrink wrapped", there's some kind of joke in there about that being the only way it's valuable.

Reply to
Jack Bohn

Ummm... sounds like my stash, actually... :)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Mine too. I think there might be one box that's still shrink wrapped and that's because it's a duplicate. The other is opened.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

i taught my spyware sniffer to flip redmond the bird.

Reply to
someone

I have maybe 1500-2000 in the garage, maybe 15-20 (hmmm, percentages) in the works in the office.

AND I'M GOING TO BUILD ALL OF THEM!!!

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

There is something nice about buying an OOP rare kit and building it

Vickers Welsley, AW Whitley both rare, both built recently

They are as bad as model railway collectors who leave everything in boxes and never run them.

I run limited edition stuff - it is why I bought it!

Reply to
Martin

and i'll be elected god the day after... (i have about 200 kits, yes, an amatuer, and i wonder how many i'll finish. the more i learn, the longer a kit takes to do right.)

Reply to
someone

Yes, I could see that. Since I bought them years ago and they still wouldn't bring much on the market; wish there were some aftermarket choices for the Whitley (besides the ESCI sheet.) Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

build, results in a model which most Americans can't identify. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

I have to agree that there's a certain pleasure that comes from building a 'collectable' kit. Usually this relates to the limited alternatives for the subject--it will be the collectable kit or scratch-building. I've got a Contrail Fairey Spearfish that meets the criteria--interesting subject, no other way to get there, and it sure will look different on the table at a contest. Consequently, it's relatively high on my queue of models to build.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I guess this makes 3 of us,although mine is showing it's age.But try finding a replacement...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

On this fall and winter's list for building (hopefully!) Revell XSL-01 (new NASA decals and a more detailed launch facility) Revell Space Station (done in pretty much the same color scheme as Skylab) Hawk MOL (from the box with mid-60s NASA color scheme) Glencoe Convair Space Station (from the box with mid-60s NASA color scheme)

But first, the Lindberg (actually Peguso Stinson Stationwagon) and an Aurora Aero Commander (painted in colors of a friend's aircraft, and hopefully an interior and landing gear added)

I'm getting tired of looking at the boxes!

The Old Timer

One of my "projects" is a Reducta Nord 262, a very rare desk top model from France.

Every time I work on it I get a feeling of "all's right wth the world". :-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Try Ebay UK

Email first - most are happy to ship to US if you do PAYPAL and cover the charges

Reply to
Martin

There is also a lot of pleasure from running a collector model loco thinking of all the saddo collectors going bonkers at the thought.

If it wasn't to be run why do they put nice 5 pole can motors in?

Reply to
Martin