Price lists?

thanks

Reply to
someone

This touches on my feeling that HO stuff is beginning to cost too much. Back in the '70s when I got into model railroading it was possible to pick up decent-running power for a modest sum. If it wasn't quite a match for what you saw on the real railroad you didn't have any angst over altering it so that it did. Nowadays the companies are putting out limited editions that cost considerably more and give one second thoughts about trying to alter anything. That's a considerable investment that you might be ruining. On the rolling stock end the cars have gone from under $5 to some ready-to-run cars over $30. The hobby is going back to that feeling about it being a rich man's hobby.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

OO (4mm/foot) Limited Edition Bachmann Modified Hall - modelled on a loco. belonging to a preserved railway near me.

Anyway it is not an investment it is a model railway loco.

Quality has increased - Lima junk coaches were over £10, most expensive are Bachmann & Hornby at nearly £20 - however you can often get for £15 (eg Bachmann Mark1s)

Reply to
Martin

Not to mention complexity. Broadway limited has sound chips in theirs similar to MTH's O scale stuff. Life Like is supposed to release an E-6 with a sound chip as well (all with DCC.) You can hear samples of the sound at

Too many hobbies...

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper