Is this very simple system stable?

A simple feedback control loop:
input --> *(+-)* ---> 1/(s-1) ---*--> output
The feedback is simply multiplied by 2.

(X2 means multiplied by 2)
Here's my question:
1. Is this system stable?
The output/input transfer function is 1/(s+1)
( H(s) = 1/(s-1), G(s) = 2, transfer func = H/(1+G*H) = 1/(s+1) )
The only pole is at -1, LHP,===> Stable
2. On the otherhand, if the input is a constant dc then 1/(s-1) becomes just "-1" (s=jw, w=0) and the feedback is -X2 (negative feedback) Therefore, the total feedback is (-1)*(-2) = 2 That is the system always multiplies the input by 2 and then feed it back to the system. A positive feedback! ===> Not stable.
Where did I make the mistake?