Collective Robots

Following the 'Good names for Robotics Pets' thread - from a discussion the other night - what are the suggestions for a collective noun for a
collection of Robots?
Murray
A person who works with his hands is a labourer. A person who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman. A person who works with his hands, his brain and his heart is an artist
[posted and mailed]

Off the top of my head:
The Hive The Borg The Colony The Hive Borg Colony The Swarm The Flock
Also check this out:
http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/help/faq/animals/names.htm

If it were like the Borg of Star Trek, I'd use the term "super-organism" to describe it, ie a single intelligence or entity made up of smaller intelligent units. I think Asimov coined the word in one of the later Foundation books to descrive Gaia, but I could be wrong - it's been a while since I read them.
Though in the case of any of my own creations, I think "scrapheap" would be a very fitting collective noun!
Tom

How about a bolt (of robots)?
Jeff.
--
Jeff Shirley
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

the
That one sounds pretty good!
Jeff Shirley wrote:

Best one of the lot, IMO!
-- Gordon Author: Robot Builder's Bonanza Budget Robotics: http://www.budgetrobotics.com

the
So a collection of such collections would be a bucket of bolts?
- Owen -

It's a Herd.
Then the chap who sits around watching the robots work, just in case one of them gets stuck and needs whacking with a stick, is a Robot Herder.
Probably a nice job
cheers, Rich.
--
rich walker | Shadow Robot Company | snipped-for-privacy@shadow.org.uk
technical director 251 Liverpool Road |

the
That's a *bunch* of robots
Imagineering Unlimited wrote:

A daneel of robots? An olivaw of robots? A scalvin of robots? An iro of 'bots?
Well, OK, I obviously think Isaac should get some credit here, so what the heck:
An asimov of robots?
Geoff.